So I’ve decided to start doing posts that sum up my month. I’ve seen other bloggers do it and I think it’s a good idea for me to be able think back and count my blessings as well as set goals for the month ahead.
Before I get to that though, I think I’ll talk about my day so far.
It was business as usual. My first class (an IT class) involved reviewing for an upcoming exam on Thursday (which I’m really nervous for ). My second class (Microeconomics), however, involved starting new material. Only the classroom computer was acting up and my professor was in need of assistance. With me being an IT major, I decided to help (but only after she offered extra credit). It took me a bit but I was finally able to get her laptop to connect to the projectors and she was ultimately able to proceed with the lecture. As I finished, I heard one of classmates boo me and someone else asked how much extra credit I was getting. I ignored them both. I assume that the dude that booed was disappointed because he was hoping for an extremely short class on account of technical difficulties.
That whole thing was minor but it did cause me to think of a defense. And here it is: we’re students, we’re there to learn and make the most out of our money (or our parents, etc) so that we can get the information we need in order to be successful in our chosen fields of study. If the class were to have ended early because of technical difficulties, that would have been hundreds of dollars wasted. So I stand by what I did because I made the most out my education. Anyone who thought differently was either lazy or ignorant. Enough said.
But October was pretty crazy. There were a lot of ups and downs but I’m still persevering. I can’t believe how fast it went by though.
My Highlights for the Month were:
- Getting to visit my grandmother the weekend before last
- Meeting some of the new pledges in my fraternity
- RWBY volume 4 premier
Some Lows from the Month were:
- A part in my car had to be replaced
- I failed a test
- Worst week: Oct 9 – 15
It’s all good because I accomplished:
- Making a live data program with JSON and Java (pictured above)
- Making a palindrome checker with Java
- Getting As on both my Business Calculus classes
- Receiving passing grades for exams in my other classes
- Finished the anime Rurouni Kenshin (Loved it!)
- Started the fourth arc of Sailor Moon
- Started watching the anime Vampire Knight
- Bought some markers to use in my adult coloring book
This month, I’m looking forward to:
- Going home for Thanksgiving break in two weeks
- Seeing my family
- Getting my harder assignments done
- Learning more skills
This month, I hope to accomplish:
- Get my modge podge game done for class
- Get my final project (also a game) done for class
- Get my live data project done for class
- Get passing grades on future exams
And finally a song that I fell in love with last month was:
I hope everyone’s October was good!