I’ll apologize again for being inconsistent with my blogging. But if you’re in college or if you’ve ever been in college, you’ll know that April is absolutely insane for students, and this April was no exception. I’ve nearly grown tired of my Spotify playlist from the countless hours I’ve had it on as background noise while I study.
Even though exam week technically doesn’t start until tomorrow, my exam week is in full swing, having just finished my 2nd exam. The first was for a gen ed class and the second was for an online software testing class. I’m insanely happy to have those two behind and I’ll be even more thrilled when I finish my last exam on Wednesday.
Cross-Country Road Trip
I’ve had this idea for a while now and I’m starting to get more serious about it. Having done some research and looked up some travel times, I’ve decided I’d like to do a road trip to California. It’s been a dream of mine to go there and see the sights and set my feet into the Pacific Ocean, which is the last major U.S. body of water that I want to see (except for maybe the Arctic Ocean in Alaska). After doing the math and some calculations, I found that I could easily reach Southern California in 4 days from my college town and there are plenty of sights and stops a long the way. I don’t have to spend a fortune either, since I could hit up camp sites (I can pitch a tent in about 5 minutes), hostels, or if worse comes to worse, a Wal-Mart parking lot.
I was hoping that I might be able to do it this summer but I don’t think I’ll have the funds for it. So I’ll shoot for either winter break or right after graduation next summer.
But enough of that, here’s my summary of the month.
My highlights from this month were:
- Getting to go to my fraternity’s banquet 1)Although the general rule is that fraternities are for boys and sororities are for girls, there are a few organizations that are co-ed like the one I’m in.
- Getting to go home for Easter and see my family
My lows from this month were:
- The amount of work I’ve had to face at my jobs and at school
- Getting more rejections from internships
That’s ok, because I accomplished:
- I did my first technical interview with a company that does programs to help kids learn how to code
- I got an A on the longest paper I’ve ever written for college
- I continue to get passing grades on all of my work for school
- I got elected as the recording secretary of my fraternity for next school year
- I’ve already done 2 out of my 5 exams
- Finished the final arc of Sailor Moon
- It was good series overall and I’ll definitely be rewatching it
- Watched Mobile Fighter G Gundam
- I remember seeing this anime as a kid, which prompted me to go and watch
- started Gundam Seed
- Another one I remember seeing from my childhood
- Started rewatching Wolf’s Rain
- I watched this when I was 14 but never saw it dubbed
- Watched the anime movie Your Name
- This movie messed me up so much that I didn’t know whether I was laughing or crying at the end
Next month, I’m looking forward to:
- Finishing my junior year and going home
- Memorial Day weekend
- My 21st birthday on the 29th ??
- Going on a few small adventures
Next month, I hope to accomplish:
- Obtaining a job of some sort for the summer
- Learning more and more knowledge so I can pass the Network+ exam2)I’ve decided I want to obtain a certification before I graduate
- Starting on a new theme for this site
Finally, a song a from this month:
I’d love to hear how everyone’s month was. Hope you guys have an amazing May!
References [ + ]
|1.||↑||Although the general rule is that fraternities are for boys and sororities are for girls, there are a few organizations that are co-ed like the one I’m in.|
|2.||↑||I’ve decided I want to obtain a certification before I graduate|