So March was absolutely insane for me. Between experiencing all 4 seasons in one week to the emotional roller coaster I’ve been on, I’m pretty glad to be moving on into April where warm days are guaranteed.
This week in particular has been particularly tough on me because I received two rejections from companies regarding internships. I received one after interviewing for the position last week and I came away from the interview feeling I didn’t go into it whole-heartedly. The other rejection came from PBS (yes, the American television station). I was really sad and disappointed and with being stressed about my classes, it was not welcomed news.
I’m doing better though. I might hopefully be leaving my catering job behind soon because I’m interviewing for two separate positions at the student union, which will certainly be a step up. Also yesterday, for all intents and purposes, the forecast said it was supposed to rain all day but out of nowhere, the sun broke through and it was really surprising. Which taught me an important thing: sometimes the sun breaks through when you least expect it.
I was so down on myself the other day because in one of the internships, I was competing with students from a bigger, more well known school than the one I go to and I was….not sure I wanted to be at the school I’m currently at. But now I feel better. I know that it doesn’t matter what school I go to because I’m a great person either way. And that my school does just as good of a job with education as the other schools.
I met with my adviser yesterday to discuss classes for the Fall. I found out that I’ll be able to graduate with my Bachelor’s degree and a cyber security certificate next Spring. I was so afraid that I would be behind but I’m so thrilled that I’m on track for graduation and I’m so excited to see what comes next.
Anyway, here’s a summary of my month:
My Highlights from the month were:
- I got to interview for an internship position
- I found out that I’ll be graduating on time – Spring 2018
- I had my friends around to help me through some tough times (S/O to Nancy and Pauline)
- I became a Big in my Fraternity
- The weather finally turned warm!
Some lows from the month were:
- Dealing with unease and the feeling that something bad is going to happen (a.k.a anxiety)
- Getting rejected multiple times for internships
- Having to work all day on the 18th
- Worst week – week of March 26
That’s ok because I accomplished:
- I’m still doing well in all of my classes
- I’ve done multiple hours of community service
- I’m almost at the minimum requirement for my fraternity
- I’m doing well in both my jobs
- I started riding my bike on a daily basis to get around campus
- Finished Sailor Moon SuperS
- Which brings me to the final arc of the original anime
- Started the anime Dragonball
- Finished the 2nd season of The Office
- Started watching Sword Art Online II (after hearing a friend rave about it)
- Finished Season 6 of That 70s Show
Next month, I’m looking forward to:
- Going home for Easter in couple weeks
- The amazing weather
- The possibilities of finding an internship
Next month, I hope to accomplish:
- Getting an internship
- doing well in upcoming exams for my classes
Finally, a photo from this month:
How was your month?